The North American Bourbon and Whiskey Competition is owned and produced by Wine Country Network, Inc, a leading producer of Internationally focused, professional beverage competitions. The North American Bourbon
and Whiskey Competition is dedicated to identifying North America’s Best Bourbon and Whiskey based products available!
Wine Country Network currently produces the following annual beverage competitions:
- Denver International Wine Competition
- Denver International Spirits Competition
- Tequila and Mezcal Challenge
- International Drink Pink Vino Rosé Wine Competition
- International Port & Fortified Wine Competition
- Canned Challenge Competition
- Global Whisky Challenge (Scotland, Japan, and USA)
The North American Bourbon and Whiskey Competition was founded in 2014. This double-blind competition is based on a 100-point scale. We will judge spirits (fairly) by styles and price categories.
American and Canadian-made whiskeys now have the opportunity to compete against America’s native spirits for the coveted NABWC “BEST OF SHOW AWARD”.
All winners receive:
- Handsome die-cast medal
- Royalty-free medal artwork
- Actual scores- upon request
- Judges notes- upon request
- Listing on competition website
- Follow-up coverage in Wine Country International (R) magazine
We have made a number of changes to the competition:
- The competition does not accept Whisky or Scotch entries from International producers outside of North America.
- The competition now has categories for products that are created from, or flavored by Bourbon, Whiskey or Moonshine, including RTD cocktails.
The 2023 North American Bourbon and Whiskey Competition will take place on July 8 & 9, 2023, near Denver, Colorado, at Wine Country Network’s headquarters.
We are excited to return to New Orleans this year after a four-year hiatus.
The 2023 winners will be poured at our exclusive Trade and VIP tasting on Monday, July 24, 2023, from 6 to 9 pm, during the “Tales of The Cocktail.” Past tastings in Nola have been well attended by mixologists and buyers from all over the globe.
Check out photos from a past tasting in Nola: